Monday, January 7, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!

So, it's been a little bit since I have been on here.  Christmas has come and gone, Hunter Mason (my new nephew) was born, then back to somewhat of a normal schedule for me until school started, which was today.  I thought that I would dread going back to work, not being able to see my girls a good bit, but it is kind of nice to have some down time from them and to get back into the "swing" of things.  I also have enjoyed seeing my students and basketball players.  I have tried to have a "new" perspective this year and I am trying to be more positive and encouraging.  In the classroom, on the court, in my home, and at church.  Speaking of church...WhiteStone, more specifically....let me tell you some GREAT NEWS!  Sunday, Dec. 30th was suppose to be our last official meeting, but God showed up in a BIG and MIGHTY way. We were closing due to financial problems and not being able to pay rent and salaries along with other things.  Also, we have not grown numerical, so it seemed to do the right thing.  But God has different plans.  Saturday, Dec. 29th, the DAY before our last meeting, the owner of the strip mall where we are renting not one, but two units, called one of our elders and told him that we could stay there for as long as we wanted to for rent FREE!!  HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!?!  Adam and I were so dumbfuzzled and shocked we couldn't even process what was going on.  Well, I am not sure how many people knew when we came to church the next morning, but you could tell that God was doing something.  Now we have spent this past Wednesday in fasting and prayer to try to figure out what God is wanting us to do.  We know that only God can do something like this and God has a reason for keeping His church open.  Adam and I are not sure what all is in that plan, so please pray for us and the rest of the congregation that we walk the correct path that God wants us to take.  I kind of feel like God is saying "ok, I've taken your financial burden away, not what are you going to do about....put your big boy pants on and GET TO WORK!"  I just hope and pray that others in our congregation feel the same way.  If there is something that I know, it is this, the work can not be done if people aren't willing to get their hands dirty and to be honest, I think there are a lot of people, including myself, that our hands are pretty manicured and clean right now.  SO, please continue to pray for our church, WhiteStone, and pray that God uses His church in an amazing way and that we can make a difference in our community and take the burdens off of those who need it, because that is what He has done for us!  Love you all!  God Bless! <><


Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. 
Galatians 6:2
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 
Philippians 4:6-7
“Be careful for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment