Thursday, December 27, 2012

So it begins...

Well, so it begins, I have been contemplating on starting a blog for a while now.  I pitched the idea to my husband, Adam, and he thought it was a good idea as well.  One other reason why I think that God has encouraged me, in one way or another, to do this now, is because since we have paused on having children for a little while, our life is going to change in one or another in 2013.  Adam has been thinking about starting his Ph.D. ever since he completed his M.Div. last December.  However, financially, this has not been foreseeable.  His parents would say that they always knew he would work on a Ph.D.  If you don't know Adam, he is very bright and very dedicated to doing what God has called him to do.  We have been married for almost 8 years (March will be our 8th anniversary) and he has completely changed his entire demeanor in that time.  He has softened over time and strives to be the best father and husband for his family.  So, this thought of him starting on his Ph.D. has pretty much startled him. I think he is concerned about doing to what he desires (to work on his Ph.D.) because he wants to be able to provide for his family.  However,  I have been the one who is trying to encourage him to get started on it.  I know that God wants us to better ourselves and God has gifted Adam with the love to study His Word and gifted him in teaching and preaching.  Now, still, we have no idea how this is going to work financially, but we are praying that if this is God's will that He will guide us and provide, as He always has.  Just recently, WhiteStone Church, the current church we are currently serving at, decided to close it's doors due to financial and other instabilities.  We both have felt that God called us to this place and we have both felt we have served the best we could here, but now, God has planned for it to close its doors.  Although this is very upsetting, we know God has plans for us and plans for His people at WhiteStone.  I say all of this to say that financially, starting to work on a Ph.D. and all the preliminary work to get in (GRE, language classes, etc.), we are still not sure how it is going to work out, but we do know that God will provide one way or another.  I am very excited about this new season in our lives and excited to see what God has planned for us.  So, I hope you join us on our next journey and hopefully you will see how God is working in our lives and understand that God is sovereign over so many things.  And please understand, there will be times that I am so brutally honest and in those times I will need encouragement and you will see where my faith lacks; but I hope, overall, I can be transparent encouraging you to see and understand that God can use anyone.  No matter what background, no matter what mistakes, what social status or economic status.  But God wants to use you and me.  He doesn't need to, but He chooses to!  I hope that in a year we can look back and see where God has stepped in and completely taken over our lives and I hope that we all can have grown from these experiences.  Thank you for letting me share.  God bless you and many blessings to you all for 2013 and the many years to come! <><

Jeremiah 29:11  
"For I know that plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Romans 8:28
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment